ingredient to know
· Uneven Skin Tone
· Dark Spots
· Acne Marks
What You’ll See On The Ingredient List
Dimethoxytolyl Propylresorcinol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Acetyl Glucosamine, Yeast Extract, Salicylic Acid.
Why Your Skin Needs It
Clinique’s exclusive CL302 Complex helps visibly reduce dark spots and discoloration. All skin types can benefit from its brightening effects.
The Clinique Expertise
Researchers at Clinique Laboratories screened hundreds of plant extracts and found dianella ensifolia—the inspiration behind our CL302 Complex—to have powerful antioxidant and skin-brightening properties, demonstrating even better results than 4% hydroquinone.*
What’s in CL302
It includes the following:
- UP302 (dimethoxytolyl propylresorcinol): A proprietary targeted brightening molecule inspired by border silver, or dianella ensifolia, a botanical known in traditional Chinese medicine for its antioxidant properties.
- Ascorbyl glucoside: Helps reduce the appearance of discoloration.
- Glucosamine: Helps rid skin of dead surface cells containing excess melanin.
- Yeast extract: Clinique’s “cluster buster” helps exfoliate large clusters of excess pigment so they’re less visible.
- Salicylic acid: Gently sloughs off the uppermost layers of the skin to help reveal fresher, more even-looking skin.
*Source: Journal of Cosmetic
Top Sellers With CL302
More Key Ingredients
Alpha Hydroxy Acids
Alpha hydroxy acids gently slough away dead skin cells, revealing smoother and brighter skin.
CL1870 Laser Focus Complex™
Our CL1870 Laser Focus Complex™ is an expert blend of pro-collagen and soothing ingredients. It helps visibly repair and support skin.
Gyokuro Green Tea
Gyokuro green tea has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help calm upset skin, reduce irritation, and protect against future damage.
Hyaluronic acid plumps skin with hydration, helping it look and feel better instantly.
Lactobacillus Probiotic Ferment
Lactobacillus probiotic ferment helps calm the look of irritation and promotes stronger skin.
Retinoids are derived from vitamin A, which helps accelerate cell turnover and refine skin’s texture.
Salicylic acid helps clear up clogged pores, blackheads, stubborn acne, and blemishes.
The Clinique Formula: Performance, Safety, Science
Clinique launched the first-ever line of dermatologist-developed skincare in 1968. The promise: to deliver effective, safe, clinically proven formulas that create great skin. We avoid using allergens, irritants and ingredients in ways that could potentially harm your skin.
Proven results are from how multiple ingredients are combined using the latest scientific breakthroughs to achieve maximum results without irritation. As science evolves, we continuously re-examine ingredients with our researchers, formulators, clinicians, and guiding board-certified dermatologists.
No parabens. No phthalates. No fragrance. Just happy skin.